10 Secrets for Making Affirmations Work…that really work!
Each one of us was born with a gift. That gift is the power of the subconscious mind. We as humans have within, the ability to “call into existence things which do not exist”
The subconscious mind, our Aura and the universe, all work in tandem to help us to manifest our deepest desires so that we may enjoy them as reality.
The subconscious mind is consciousness, consciousness is energy, and all energy may be manipulated. Utilize your gift, utilize your inner power, and call into existence things which do not exist. Your subconscious mind will assist you.
Affirmations work by penetrating our subconscious mind to cause what is affirmed and desired, to become reality.
According to Dr. Joseph Murphy, Author of the book “The Power of your Subconscious mind” Your Subconscious mind does not have the ability to argue or to dispute what it is told.
When we repeat our affirmations daily, it creates “deep grooves” in our subconscious mind, which helps us to attract or to achieve subconsciously our desired goal.
- Build the Energy! – Affirmations work because the more you say the affirmation, the more the energy of the Affirmation builds. When you say an affirmation for 21 days straight, without missing a day, you will experience the power and magnitude of your affirmation manifested.
I have affirmed abundance and wealth or 21 days straight without giving it too much thought. During that time I had no financial worries or struggles, and I even received an unexpected “gift” of money when my “spending money” was getting low. The reason is that prior to this day, for 21 days straight, I was using a money affirmation, so even when I didn’t have that much money in my bank account, My aura was able to quickly manifest more. I was so grateful to see that money appear in my bank account out of the blue.
Say your affirmation for 21 days straight without missing a day, allowing the energy of the affirmation to build and its power to manifest your desire.
- Repeat it! – Repetition is large part of what makes affirmations work. Repeat your affirmations as much as is comfortable for you. 2 xs per day is the minimum.
Say your affirmations at least once in the in the morning upon waking up. And Repeat your Affirmation at least once again at bedtime just before drifting off to sleep. It has been said that during these times the subconscious mind is more receptive to affirmations.
Another way to use repetition to make affirmations work, is to repeat each line of the affirmation 2 – 4 times.
Here is an example:
- I am wealth (x4)
- I am abundant (x2)
- I am prosper (x2)
- I am wealth (x4)
- X2 = Repeat 2 times
- X4 = Repeat 4 times
I find my affirmations are more powerful when I repeat each line 2 or 4 times.
- Become your affirmation! – When you choose or create an affirmation to work with, practice feeling the affirmation as if you are the energy of the thing you want to become or to manifest. This can easily be achieved by removing words that objectify the affirmation.
- “I am a money magnet” becomes> “I am money”
- “I am wealthy and happy” becomes> “I am wealth, I am Joy.”
I have had great success using affirmations by removing words that cause separation between me and the energy of the affirmation. Try it for yourself.
- Elevate your feelings – A great way to make affirmations work for you is to say them with elevated feelings and emotion. I have found that when I say my affirmations with elevated emotions, this creates an energetic “attraction glue” that quickly brings together all the important pieces of your affirmation, which help it manifest.
Another way to achieve success using affirmations is by feeling the feelings of the affirmation manifested. Neville Goddard said it best.
“You must assume the feeling of the wish fulfilled until your assumption has all the sensory vividness of reality. You must imagine that you are already experiencing what you desire. That is, you must assume the feeling of the fulfillment of your desire until you are possessed by it and this feeling crowds all other ideas out of your consciousness.” – Neville Goddard
- Affirm it in the Present tense – Make references only to what is not what was or is going to be.
If we affirm….“I will make a million dollars by May 2020”
Our conscious the reasoning mind, tends to provide us with reasons why we cannot make 1 million dollars by 2020.
If we change the affirmation to “I make 1 million dollars”
The conscious mind has nothing to reason or to dispute. There is no reference to the past or to the future. You are stating a fact and the subconscious, the passive mind goes about its business making the statement reality.
The subconscious mind will believe what it is given as long as we bypass the reasoning tendency of the conscious mind, by stating the affirmation in the present tense.
- Begin with “I am” – Begin your affirmation with the phrase “I am” in the affirmation and your subconscious mind will believe you and make the affirmation true.
I was watching a YouTube video about 3 months ago. It was about a couple who met online and then got married and now had a baby and a house that they owned together.
The man said when he saw the woman’s photo on line, he said to his roommate. “I am going to marry that woman!” And so he did.
There is great power in “I am.” Always use the words “I am” In your affirmations, and your subconscious mind will to all it can to make the statement true.
- Embellish – I always take time when someone needs my attention – it’s fantastic that I give people attention whenever they need it
This is my favorite rule for using affirmations. When using affirmations to train your subconscious mind to attract what you want, it doesn’t have to be accurate to work, this means we can embellish our affirmations and have fun in creating them. Be careful though the Universe doesn’t understand laws as us earth bound beings do.
My Embellished Affirmation Experiment
I once decided to create an outlandish affirmation just to see what would happen.
“Every day thousands of dollars gets deposited into my bank account”
One day I walked into the bank to withdraw some money at the machine and found that the person before me had left their bank card inside ATM and their transaction was midway. I tried to choose the best button to quit the transaction but the machine wouldn’t let me. Finally on my second attempt it released the card and I quickly brought it to the bank manager.
It’s ok to embellish when using affirmations, but just expect that you may encounter some outlandish manifestations.
- Affirm the Positive – State what you wish to be, do not state the words of what you want to avoid.
“I will no longer be fat and unattractive in 2016.”
This is not a good example of how to construct a weight loss affirmation.
When we say affirmations we always want to keep them positive and state words only of that which affirm what we want, and avoid using words that reflect or represent what we do not want.
A better affirmation for weight loss would be…
“I am slim and attractive in 2016.”
Visualize! – Affirmations are so powerful when combined with Visualization. Next time you say your affirmations, try closing your eyes, and visualize in movement and in color, your Affirmation playing out before. Visualization gives affirmations a power punch, to manifest faster and with ease! If you can’t visualize, then try imagination.
- Believe! – The biggest reason why Affirmations don’t work for some people is that they believe affirmations cannot help them.
This “belief” that affirmations don’t work is an affirmation in and of itself that will cause affirmations not to work.
I never used to believe in the power of affirmations, but one day I was desperate to change my circumstances. I decided to try an affirmation the next morning in the shower, just to see if it would do anything…I had an excellent day that day. I thought maybe that was just “a lucky day for me” so I tried the same affirmation the next morning again in the shower. I had a great day again!
It is good practice when using affirmations to keep a journal of all of the ways your subconscious mind has helped you to manifest your desires.
Some affirmations are more powerful than others; an affirmations journal is a great way to take note of which affirmations manifested which results.
I keep an affirmations/manifesting journal and every now and then I enjoy reading through my manifestations just for the enjoyment of reliving my manifestations.
- 5 Things your subconscious mind can do for you
- Subconscious mind training ebooks
- Lottery winner uses visualization to win Jackpot!!!!
- Are your spirit guides speaking to you?
- 12 Wealth and prosperity affirmations
- Whats driving your life?
- What happens when we meditate?
- 5 Tips to live abundantly
- What is your aura?
- Why bad things happen to good people
- How to use Gratitude to manifest
- Say yes!!!
- The Crazy Truth about your aura
- Money Manifesting Experience
- My Morning Coffee
- How to Reprogram your subconscious mind
- The missing link
- 9 Ways subconscious mind training makes my life better
- Subconscious mind training e-course
- 4 Ways to make more money subconsciously
- how to train the brain
- Say yes